Welcome - Thank you for visiting.
Yvel Guelcé is a museum leader and technology innovator. Over the last 17 years, he has earned a reputation for technical competence, team development, and innovative applications of new technology. Yvel is committed to learning the advantages of new technology and applying it to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and improve the user experience. Some relevant examples of my technical and leadership skills include:
- Developing and leading high-performing teams over my last three positions, through consistent achievement of team buy-in for the institutional mission, vision, and goals.
- Implementing cloud-based solutions, including Google Apps, Office 365 and Amazon AWS, to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and allow staff to focus on core functions and critical technology needs, rather than e-mail and server administration and maintenance.
- Working with museum staff and contractors to create interactive exhibits throughout the museum, to engage visitors in immersive learning experiences.
- Developing durable and robust systems, to ensure continuity of operations and effective disaster recovery.
Besides, Yvel has developed for users to immerse themselves in learning activities without finding the technology distracting. User experience has been at the core of these activities Yvel has helped design at both the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
Other experiences that have prepared me to serve as an effective leader within these organizations include:
- Developing and implementing strategic plans that support growth in programs.
- A long history of developing effective help desk operations and customer support services, including experience working “in the trenches” of these operations.
- A strong history of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing a facility and working with maintenance and custodial staff, facilities management staff, vendors, contractors, and security.
- Experienced using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
Yvel Guelcé, as the Interim Chief Technology Officer at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, Yvel Yvel leads a team of IT professionals to provide administrative, audio/visual services and software development directions and support. He ensures the smooth operation of a complex and ever-changing collection of data resources and exhibits which are designed to inform and inspire youth of all ages. In addition to understanding intricate mechanical systems, he must be able to grasp, interpret and apply cutting-edge technology to current trends and interests. His technical abilities are complimented by his natural people skills. His openness and sensitivity to others makes him an agile team leader who is constantly receptive to new possibilities and collaborations with other management groups. This combination of technical and leadership skills makes him adaptable to many different corporate settings. He works and coordinates with other division senior management as well as working closely with CEO to identify, recommend and implement the cost-effective IT solutions suitable for the organization’s business needs.
Community and Leisure:
In addition to the time he shares with family, Yvel shares his knowledge, energy and enthusiasm with his church community, and (at least) 2 groups which provide support to Haitian communities.
When time allows, he enjoys cycling, photography, and reading. Not surprisingly, he is a bit addicted to exploring media— the information that connects and informs others — through such websites as: Google, Wired, Engadget, TechCrunch, NYTimes, CNNMoney, BBC News, HBR, and NPR.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.